.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Nick Jonas `could have died` from diabetes



Nick Jonas has revealed he could have died had his diabetes diagnosis been delayed by just seven days.

The singer was 13 when he was told he had the potentially fatal condition, and admitted it took him a long time to come to terms with his illness.

The 18-year-old, who is the youngest of the three siblings in the Jonas Brothers band, told US News:

'When I was diagnosed, if we had waited two days, I could've been in a coma. A week later, and I could've died, so I'm very thankful that I've lived to see all of this. [But] I'd be lying if I told you that there weren't days that I wasn't frustrated with being a diabetic. It's definitely not something you ask for. There are moments when I think life would be a lot easier without it. But, then again, it's part of my DNA at this point, and it's given me an outlook on life that I think is very rare.'

Source