.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Taylor Swift Is "Incredible" Says Dolly Parton



Dolly Parton has heaped praise on Taylor Swift, branding her a "great role model" for youngsters.

Taylor may only be 20, but with lots of awards and millions of record sales behind her, she's already an international superstar - and country veteran Dolly Parton believes Swift could have another 40-years ahead of her in the music industry.

"I think she is a smart, beautiful girl. I think she's making all the right moves. She's got a good head on her shoulders," Dolly told Larry King.

"She's surrounded with wonderful people. Her songs are great. She keeps herself anchored. She knows who she is and she's living and standing by that and I just admire her.

"I think she is just incredible and a great role model for young people right now."

And Dolly certainly doesn't see Taylor as just a current fad - she thinks the Mine singer has a career that will stand the test of time.

"When they talk about American Idol, they say, 'Well, you know, they show up and then they're gone before it happens'. And there is a danger in all of that. But with Taylor, I honestly think that she's got the qualities that could last a long time," she added.

"And I don't know if there's such a thing as having too much too soon - I mean if it's your time, it's your time. So I'm hoping that she's just having a really, really hot streak that's just going to last. I hope her 15 minutes of fame lasts for 40 years, and it very well might."

Despite praising Taylor, Dolly is concerned about Miley Cyrus, because she's started dressing more trashy lately.

Source