.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, November 25, 2010

VIDEO: Taylor Swift Explains Apology Song 'Back to December'



Taylor Swift has elaborated on the painful feelings that went into her new song "Back to December," long rumored to be about Taylor Lautner, whom she dated briefly at the end of last year.

"The song 'Back to December' is an apology in the form of a song," the country star, 20, says in a new special, Taylor Swift: Speak Now, airing Thursday night on NBC. "You know, in life, you learn lessons. And sometimes you learn them the hard way. Sometimes you learn them too late."

She adds: "The song 'Back to December' is about a lesson I learned too late. And I think, when you do that, and you finally realize that you were wrong, you need to say you're sorry. And this was the best way that I knew how."

The lyrics of the song include the lines, "So, this is me swallowing my pride/Standing in front of you saying I'm sorry for that night."

Swift has not explicitly said the song is about the Twilight heartthrob, but she told E! News in October: "The person I wrote this song for deserves this. This is about a person who was incredible to me – just perfect to me in a relationship – and I was really careless with him."




Source