.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Demi Lovato Is 'Forever Grateful' For 'Sonny With A Chance'



On Tuesday, fans were shocked to learn that Demi Lovato would no longer be the star of her hit Disney series "Sonny With a Chance." She came to the decision after realizing that "being in front of a camera would make me nervous." The singer recently left a treatment center to deal with some personal issues, including an eating disorder and self-mutilation.


Now that Lovato is focused on staying healthy, she is also focusing on the next stage of her career. She took to Twitter late Tuesday to thank her fans for standing by her through her recent personal problems.

"Thank you all so much for your support with the decisions I've decided to make with my career. I love you guys," she wrote. " 'Sonny' was a chapter in my life I will be forever grateful for. Thank you all for watching. Can't wait to see the new format for 'So Random'!"

She even thanked her "Sonny" co-star Tiffany Thornton, who will stay on for the "Sonny" spin-off "So Random." After Thornton tweeted, "I couldn't be more proud of the woman you've become these past 6 months," Lovato welcomed the warm words, tweeting back, "I love you so much T. and I miss ALL of you. But I'm especially thankful God gave me our everlasting friendship. Love you!"

Lovato officially announced that her time on "Sonny" is over on Tuesday, but she's been teasing her focus on music for the last few weeks. "Getting a healthy workout in then heading to ... the studio," she wrote last week. And the day before that, she revealed whom she might be hitting the studio with on this next album.

"@Timbaland007 for real though ... Are you ready?! Idk about you but I believe magic is gonna come out of this collab," she said. "@Timbaland007 I was ready before I was born!! @Timbaland007 cannot wait!!!"

In the past, Lovato has made it clear that she wants to go for a more urban sound on her next album, so working with Timbaland would make sense. "I'm now just taking that next step and learning how to make my music more radio-friendly but also stay very artistic, and for me that's R&B," Lovato told MTV News last August. "I can put my vocal stylings on songs that are R&B and it showcases my vocals more than just singing really loud on a rock song."

In fact, Timbaland wasn't the only A-lister she had on her collabo wish list. "I would love for Drake to be on the album," Lovato said. "It's kind of like a pipe dream. I would also like to do a song with Trey Songz. It would be hot! Yeah, it would be really good."

Source