.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Selena Gomez Promises 'More Magic' On 'Wizards of Waverly Place'



Selena Gomez celebrated the release of her new album, A Year Without Rain, with a peppy perfomance of her single "Round and Round" on "Good Morning America" on Thursday (September 23). But even as she concentrates on her music, her thoughts are also on the impending end of her run on the TV show that launched her career, the hit Disney series "Wizards of Waverly Place." And the 18-year-old promises that there will be many intriguing twists as the show comes to its natural end.

"There's a lot more magic and a lot more love stories," she said.

Gomez dished to MTV News about how emotional it is to wrap up work on the show, and she noted that the waterworks will likely get worse as taping progresses. "I'm currently in the middle of shooting season four, but it's really hard," she said. "I think it's going to be extremely emotional. I don't think they're going to have a live audience taping on the last episode upon my request because I'm going to be a wreck. It's going to be really hard."

Gomez compared the ending of the show to a high school graduation, complete with overwhelming emotions. "Every day I go on set and I see these people that I've been with for the past four years, and it really breaks my heart," she explained.

"It's been so much fun and it's been my high school, in a way. So it's gonna be really hard, but it's been great. ... I keep saying every day that I'm not ready [but] I think when the last episode hits, we're going to be like, 'It's time.' "

A Year Without Rain came out on Tuesday, and it represents something of a stylistic shift for the singer. "I think we wanted to do something a little fun. We wanted to do a techno vibe," she said.

Source