.:[Double Click To][Close]:.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Demi Lovato Wants To Embrace Her 'Inner Soul' Diva On Next Album



Last year, Demi Lovato released her pop/rock sophomore album, Here We Go Again, and now Lovato is, well, at it again. She's back in the studio, but unlike her first two efforts, this one will sound a little less hardcore, as Demi embraces her inner-R&B diva.

"I'm really excited for working on new music in the spare time that I have before I go out on tour with the Jonas Brothers," she told MTV News on Monday in Los Angeles at the VH1 Do Something Awards.

"I'm working on new music, writing new songs, trying to approach a different route, doing a new sound," Lovato continued. "I'm really excited. It'll be fun. It's more R&B/pop. I'm trying to bring out my inner 'soul'; a new side of Demi," she laughed. "I'm straying away from the rock this time."

If Lovato's enthusiasm about working on her next project wasn't obvious already, her Twitter posts make it clear. A lot of her recent tweets have been updates about working on that new album or just gigging around with friends.

"I'm literally in love with music. Everything I do in life is for music. If I could, I would marry music," she wrote over the weekend. "Gathered around with friends playing music.. I live and breathe for these moments in my life.

"Yes!!! Finished writing a song that I'm so proud to call my own!! It's moments like these that make me never want to stop writing music.. :D," Lovato tweeted just days before. "Writing a song that I think my South American fans will love.... ;) this ones for you guys.... Just got the rough cut of the song we did yesterday... soooo excited right now!"

Although it'll be some time before fans actually get to hear these new songs, they can check out Lovato on her Disney Channel series "Sonny With a Chance." Earlier this year, she teased some of what to expect during the rest of the season.

"I think surprises will include guest stars, really awesome guest stars," she told MTV News. "And also the romance between Sterling Knight's character and Sonny. There's definitely a romance factor, but it's interesting because they play on rival shows and the casts aren't really fond of each other. So, you see what happens."


Source